Best Practice Exchange Steering Committee Proposal
July 20, 2017
To Provide Feedback: https://goo.gl/forms/CPSOpU2xVsAe7EOa2
Proposal for a Standing Steering Committee
Building on the work of the un-steering committee, we propose the following structure for a standing steering committee.
For additional information about the un-steering committee: https://bpexchange.wordpress.com/un-steering-committee/
- Administration of public communication venues (Google Listserv/Group, Facebook page, WordPress Blog, MailChimp Distribution List).
- Transition of key account credentials through institution-agnostic online space
- Provide ongoing contact and coordinate with current planning committee to solicit volunteers to be the host venue for the BPE Un-conference. Planning the conference is a program committee duty.
- Administrative and record-keeping activities for this committee: meeting minutes, meeting scheduling, keeping group on track.
- Solicit new committee members via online communication and at conferences.
*Note: The committee may develop more specific tasks or formal roles in order to make it as structured as needed to be functional. Give possible consideration to appointing a point person or “coordinator”/co-coordinators.
- 4-5 people from the BPE community with 2 year terms
- The incoming program committee chair; for that year only
- Regular members serve a term of two calendar years
- Terms are staggered so only 2 regular members rotate off each year.
- Note: In order to establish the staggered rotation, at least two of the current members would need to agree to stay on for 2018.
- Incoming Program Committee Chair serves a one year term